Sunday, April 21, 2013

We make plans, and God laughs!

We make plans, and God laughs!

Working on going to Africa this summer, but have had to shift my plans!  I am going to go between June and August 1st, instead of through October.

I am still doing the oral history project for CENSUDI, a women's and girls development in northern Ghana, as planned.  I am still working on the partnership between Africa Bound, the Gage Center and Censudi with high school girls this summer.  That expansion of the Girl's Ambassador project with Africa Bound will happen.  It will still set up this summer.  I am still traveling with a SUNY Oswego professor and developing a storytelling abroad class for SUNY students for next summer.  I am still taking a student intern with me to work on an Aids Education program with CENSUDI.  But I'm coming back in August of this year!  A shorter volunteer project than first planned!

 I will return next spring to finish the oral history project. Staff at Censudi will follow-through with skypes and connections with girls in Syracuse, from October to May.  Girls will still travel with Africa Bound to Bolgatanga in the summer of 2014.  Girls from Bolgatanga will still visit in May.
The integrity of the projects I am working on will hold.

But...I have some important opportunities here in the States that I need to focus on in the fall.
I have an opportunity to manage and story tell in an ongoing storytelling space at Shoppingtown Mall, and to be a part of a web-casting project for that space.  I also have an opportunity to work on a t.v. show on the prop side of the production team.  I have been offered the opportunity to help develop and be in a production with a storyteller that I have always wanted to work with!  I have the opportunity to take the class that I am helping to develop with the professor at SUNY Oswego. 

It seemed that when I was ready to move away from Syracuse, feeling that all my opportunities to grow had been played out, the flood-gates opened.  God seems to have another plan for me.

Now the issue is this apartment - still let it go? Sell everything?  And live where in the fall?  And....how to keep it for the summer?  Oh boy!

So, I will return in the Fall and keep re-evaluating things.  Who know where all this will lead!  I will go to Africa again in May of 2014, and then see if I will come back in August or stay for a while.  Meanwhile, I will continue my volunteer work with CENSUDI and developing bridges from Upstate NY to Bolgatanga!

Ashe!

No comments:

Post a Comment